Additional CMHA Interlake Activities
CMHA Interlake also participates in a number of activities to better serve the community.
These activities include:
- Annual Heroes of Mental Health Awards to promote mental health awareness and to celebrate the victories of people who live with the effects of mental illness.
- Public relations and raising awareness of mental health issues.
- Providing twice annual special events for the clients involved in our programs including dinner, gifts, prizes and entertainment.
- Participation in Mental Health Week activities, Mental Illness Awareness Week and other public events to promote awareness of mental health issues and services/resources that are available in the community through partnering with other providers of mental health services.
- Participation by management and staff on various committees/associations at a regional and provincial level for improvement of mental health services.
- Providing volunteer and casual employment opportunities for our clients when possible.
- A fifth edition “Mental Health Resource Guide” for the Interlake Eastern Region will be released in the Spring of 2017. This guide will provide contact information for many areas related to mental well being.
- Brochures and other valuable resource information are distributed from the CMHA-Interlake Eastern office